I grew up with a father who was a very keen amateur photographer and by sitting through countless slide-shows of his photos as a child, my photographic eye was developing without me even realising it. When I was about 16 years old and still in high school, he gave me my first manual film SLR camera, and together we built a darkroom at home and I was soon learning how to process and print my own black and white photographs.
When I finished high school, I studied a Diploma of Photography at the Queensland College of Art. It was during this time I received my grounding in all aspects of photography. At first I was mainly interested in landscape and wildlife photography, with a dream of shooting for National Geographic. After a trip to Africa and then Antarctica a few years later, I soon discovered that it wasn’t the easiest path to follow and I switched to photographing people.
For the last 12 years, I’ve been focused on the beauty of women – through my art projects involving the human form, my work with burlesque performers from around Australia and overseas as well my client work within the boudoir and vintage glamour genres. It’s a great honour being asked to photograph any woman, especially when they put their trust in me to make them not only look good, but feel good during the process of the shoot. I gain a genuine sense of pride and achievement knowing that my images can help my subject feel better about who they are and feel more confident in their own bodies.
I also love teaching other photographers. I run many workshops each year and also conduct private tuition sessions on all aspects of portrait, fashion and artistic nude photography in both the studio and on location.
“Working with Cam was such a great experience. There were so many great images to come out of our shoot that choosing a favourite was almost impossible. As my image is my business, it was nice to work with a photographer that embodies the essence of professional artist and I feel he captured my true self along with the elements of feeling and setting that surrounded us. Cam made me feel very comfortable, and confident that we were creating something I would be very happy with. I would highly recommend Cam to anybody wanting a positive photographic experience and amazing folio images.”
Sina King — Miss Burlesque Australia 2011
“I had a fantastic time shooting with Cam. In terms of the shoot itself he was professional, very good with guidance and made me feel very comfortable. In terms of the photos – THEY WERE AMAZING! His composition is fantastic and he takes a flattering photo every time. I would highly recommend using his services and you should consider yourself lucky if you do get to work with him! I have also heard nothing but praise from many others in the industry, including both models and other photographers. Can’t recommend him highly enough!”
Miki Cola — Burlesque Performer
- ASSOCIATE DIPLOMA OF ARTS IN APPLIED PHOTOGRAPHY
- 1998 AUSTRALIAN WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- 2008 QLD AIPP PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- 2012 CREATIVE ASIA LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- 2013 RAW AUSTRALIA PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- 2016 QLD AIPP FASHION PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- AIPP ACCREDITED PHOTOGRAPHER
- AIPP MASTER PHOTOGRAPHER
- ELINCHROM AUSTRALIAN AMBASSADOR
- THE VIEWER AND THE VIEWED – JOINT EXHIBITION, QLD CENTRE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY 2006
- ALT. – 8 ALTERNATIVE QLD PHOTOGRAPHERS – JOINT EXHIBITION, QLD CENTRE FOR PHOTOGRAPHY 2011
- NAKED IN BAJA – SOLO EXHIBITION AND BOOK LAUNCH – GALLERY FRENZY 2013
- NAKED EDGE – JOINT EXHIBITION WITH FETIGRAPHY – C GALLERY 2013
- DEVELOPED IN DARKNESS – JOINT EXHIBITION WITH MEL BRACKSTONE – GALLERY FRENZY 2013
- IMMERSION – SOLO EXHIBITION – MAUD GALLERY 2015
Thanks for viewing the world through my eyes — I hope you enjoy my site and the work that I’m doing. Interested in booking me? Get in touch.